A permaculture design certificate is an intensive heads, hearts & hands-on permaculture learning experience.
Suzie has co-designed a "PDC" over the last 4 years with Hannah Mole of https://earthcare.ie/ which hosted in Wicklow in the South East of Ireland every summer on the beautiful permaculture small-holding that Suzie and her family and many volunteers have been co-developing since 2007.
For more information or to book a course at Carraig Dúlra http://www.dulra.org/courses/pdc#
Suzie all gives tours and consulations at the small-holding where you can see how Permaculture design can be applied to many human designed systems.
- Food forest
- Organic circle garden
- Herb labyrinth and spiral
- Swales and pond systems
- Natural built barn, cob straw bale reciprocal roof
- Yurts & ghers
- Sauna,and outdoor bath
- Wood fired pizza oven BBQ and bath
- Walpini (under construction)
- Heritage apple orchard
- 1.5 acre native woodland, hedges & shelter belts,
- Living willow structures
- Chicken and duck houses integrated with fertility and compost systems
- Bees: top bar hives
- Greenhouse with annuals, hot beds and cob perennial beds: apricots, kiwis, olives, figs, grapes, South American root crops and more
In order to hold your place on the PDC, you may pay a booking deposit now and pay the balance at least 6 weeks before the course begins.
I walked away from this course feeling strong, and more importantly, capable. Suzie, Hannah and Lusi worked hard to design a PDC that challenged participants to carry the ethos of permaculture out of the classroom and into the everyday responsibi