St Patrick's pump - new pump running on 17 march 2009

Patrick must have been smiling down on dulra today.  the pump has decided to co-operate and is now running (or was when i left the farm this morning).

two things that helped were:

1. releasing the extra air i had added to the inner tube

2. starting with the delivery valve shut and opening it gradually over about 5 minutes.

i measured the volume being delivered - it's about 1.3 litres / minute, which is more than twice as much as the PVC pump when i measured it (0.5 litre/min).  this isnt necesarily comparing like with like because the water levels in the tank might have been different, but great news either way.